I'm still stepping strong in 2008 and my goal is 3 million steps for the year! I enjoyed a long hike again this Wednesday, logging in a whopping 19,353 for the day. I've been behind on the other days lately, however, but I'm determined to get there. For my small stride, my 3 million steps will roughly equal 1000 miles. I wonder where that would get me to if I weren't walking the trails of Hong Kong....I'm also working to add more upper body strength by doing push-ups. I read a great article this week, recommended by a friend, in the New York Times. From the article, I learned I ought to be able to drop and do 16 push-ups in a row without faltering. I'm feeling pretty wimpy about my push-up ability right now, so give me a few months. I started out feeling the same about my hiking, but I've gained quite a bit of confidence and increased ability over the last 22 weeks. Go, fight, win!


No comments:
Post a Comment