Monday, February 4, 2008

Joining the Hinckley Challenge

I love our dear departed prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley! Today I had a message in my inbox from my daughter inviting me to participate in the "Hinckley Challenge" - that is, to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days. "President Hinckley often stressed our making the Book of Mormon part of our lives. He was 97 when he passed away, and we would like to celebrate his life and teachings by reading the Book of Mormon in 97 days," says the website hinckleychallenge.com. You can create your own "user" profile and when logged in, you can view a graph of your own progress reading the 531 pages. I start the challenge tomorrow, reading 5.42 pages/day to finish my goal on May 11, 2008. You can also post your graph into personal webpages or blogs, which I have done. Will you join the challenge? I'm confident you won't be sorry!

No comments: