Saturday, January 19, 2008

Arrow of Light


Last night, Jordan graduated to Boy Scouts! We had our Webelos Crossover and Arrow of Light ceremony, where all 11 of our den received the Arrow of Light award. We had a wonderful den of boys that worked really hard to receive their recognition. They were eager learners and well-engaged during our meetings and outings. Some of them joined late, so it was impressive to see them work hard enough to earn the AoL award. Congratulations!

I worked with a fabulous co-den leader that made leading the Webelos even more enjoyable. I've been serving as a Cub Scout Den Leader since Adam was in 3rd grade (except for a short break when we first moved to Hong Kong), so it's been a long time moving my 3 boys through the ranks! It will be nice to have them all focused in the same direction for a short while until Adam graduates from high school next year. I've already taken the position of Boy Scout Committee Secretary and have been working in that role for almost 18 months now. It's a great troop here, and I've really enjoyed working with the leaders.

All three of the older kids are working at Camp Tomahawk this summer, in the high Uintah mountains of Utah. The rest of us will join them at camp for Jordan's first resident camp experience. Since that week is also the week of Jordan's and Adam's birthdays, it will be nice to be together as a family. I'm looking forward to seeing my kids in action as camp counselors. They had a fantastic time last summer working there. We're all continuing on the scouting path!

No comments: