John, Myself, & Amie
We hiked from our home, along Sir Cecil's Ride then Lady Clemente's Ride (Hong Kong Trail, Section 4) to reach the small park at Wanchai Gap & Magazine Gap Road, where Amie departed to finish packing for her return to school. We had a great time hiking together, working to get my steps! John and I continued onwards along the Hong Kong Trail, Section 3 and came down in Aberdeen and caught a cab home. Total hiking for John and myself was around miles. I was working to get 9.88 since I was behind on my 20 mile goal for the week! I ended up being able to get the other miles walking in the evening downtown to treat the kids to some gelato with the Christensen family. I still needed .5 mile when we got home... and though I was quite tired, I met my goal by stepping around the house to tidy up before Sunday! It was good to hike along this portion of the trails, in preparation for participating in the Green Power Hike on March 3.
Amie and I - making sure we stayed well hydrated.
John pointing out our home from the side of the mountain, along the water catchment.
We enjoyed hiking on this quiet, green trail. I liked all the hanging vines. I'm always amazed at the beauty and variety of the foilage in the different areas I've lived in. It's such a blessing to explore God's world and His creations! Green is definitely a favorite color!
P.S. I'm not feeling quite so sassy today. Hiking was good for me.



No comments:
Post a Comment