Friday, January 18, 2008

A.S.I.A. Women's Conference?

What does A.S.I.A. stand for? Associated Sisters In Asia! It's a name I came up with last fall as we began pursuing the option of hosting a women's conference in Hong Kong. It was a dream that originated while living in Bangkok and now it's becoming a reality. I first shared the idea with a friend and we "shelved" the idea till we were more settled here. Then I had the courage to approach our district president about the idea. He then brought the idea for approval from the Asia Area Presidency. After submitting a proposal, I was thrilled to see the idea approved and encouraged. Though the conference is not sponsored by the Church (hence the name A.S.I.A), we are allowed to use the Wanchai LDS Church Administration building (pictured left) here in Hong Kong. I'm thrilled with the progress that has been made so far. I'm working with a wonderful committee of six women that are making it all happen. This weekend we send out the link to the website and begin open registration. It's amazing that it has come this far. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

You can check out the website at



No comments: